Innovative Electric Inc.
Near Frederick County, MD
Get the Best Electric Panel Upgrade Near Frederick County, MD
If you think that your electrical panel needs an upgrade, team up with Innovative Electric, Inc. for a replacement! When you work with our professionals, we will ensure the wiring for your house is brought up to code. We know how crucial it is to have a safe and efficient electric panel wiring system, which is why we provide meticulous services every time.
To protect yourself and your loved ones inside your home, you need to replace your old or faulty electrical panel. Innovative Electric Inc. can reduce the risk of death to your family due to home electrical fires and electrical shocks.
The following types of Electrical Panels have documented issues of causing house fires – Please have these updated ASAP if you have one!
- Federal Pacific Electric (FPE) (These Breakers have been outlawed since 1989, and they hold the record for causing the most fires and the most fatalities. These should be replaced ASAP.*)
- Zinsco Panels
- Bryant Panels
- Any panel 40 years or older that has outlived its designed lifespan (ALL Fuse Panels or Split-Buss Panels)
A split buss typically has no single MAIN breaker. It has 6 double pole breakers usually at the top of the panel, sometimes with a space between top and bottom and sometimes no space, but one of the 6 breakers feeds the bottom half of the panel.
10 Signs You Need an Electrical Panel Replacement
- Your panel is older than 20 years
- You hear crackling sounds from the breaker box panel
- Your main service cable coming into the house has cracks or breaks running up the wall outside (this can cause water to damage the wires, meter, and breaker panel. Corrosion or rust could allow the panel to detach from the wall.)
- Your appliances are not running at full power (this can indicate loose connections or bad breakers inside the panel)
- Your circuit breakers frequently trip
- The lights in your home flicker when other appliances are working
- The breakers don’t reset
- There are burned areas on the breaker panel
- Your appliances overheat
- You need additional power (older services used to be 60amp; nowadays, the smallest allowable service is 100a. If you’re thinking about making a major improvement to your home, don’t forget to assess the additional power that you will need. Room additions, kitchen remodels and major appliances such as heating & air conditioning systems, hot tubs, double ovens, garage door openers, and outdoor lights all may require an expanded breaker box and electrical panel. You may have to add outlets to a wall, special 240-volt circuits, or a sub-panel for a generator.
Keep in mind that updating your electrical service includes updating the grounding in your house. Every house is required to have two grounding means inside the electrical panel, including connection to 2 ground rods outside, connection within 5ft of where a cold water metal pipe enters the house, and bonding connection to any metal piping system, natural gas, boiler and hot water pipes inside your home. A proper grounding system is what allows a breaker to actually trip if there is a short circuit. If YOU are part of that short circuit, having your grounding correct could save YOUR life!
Contact Us Today for Assistance with Electric Panel Wiring!
Still not sure if you need to upgrade your electric panel? Reach out to our experienced crew today and we will take a look at your current panel. Our electricians have helped hundreds of homeowners in the area to provide highly efficient panels that don’t compromise safety. Protect your loved ones and replace your faulty panel with our help today! Call now to schedule your services with us.
*More Information on the Safety Risks of Federal Pacific Electric Panels:
These systems are not designed to trip the breakers when an issue arises. The company was sued nationwide during the late 1980’s and it was revealed that they falsified their testing data. A New Jersey state court ruled in a class action lawsuit that the Federal Pacific Electric company knowingly sold faulty circuit breakers to homeowners across the country. These panels ARE NOT SAFE! Call Innovative Electric Inc. to install a new service panel. New Service Panels are UL listed and have gone through rigorous testing procedures to ensure the safety of you and your family. Each year new improvements are made to your home electrical systems to lessen the risk of losing your home or loved ones to an Electrical Fire.
Breakers are designed to trip to stop the flow of power in your home. This prevents overheating caused by arcing or a sudden surge of power. When a breaker doesn’t trip, the extreme amount of power from the outside electrical supply surges into a home’s panel and circuits. When this happens, you can’t turn the breaker off manually. Electricity will burn until it runs out of fuel or the wires melt, resulting in the panel or wiring inside the walls to overheat and catch fire.